Organization Name: OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Baku
Closing Date of application: 24-05-2015
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Mission and in co-operation with other staff of the Office of the Head of Mission, the incumbent performs the full range of translation and interpretation services; organizes for and co-ordinates language services by outsourced translators/interpreters; manages the front desk dealing with visitors, phone calls and mail; supports the National Press and Public Information Officer in public outreach and website administration; backstops for the Senior Executive Assistant.
The position requires professional fluency in English, Azerbaijani and also, desirably, in Russian. The position also requires in-depth knowledge of all mission’s activities, mission’s and the overall OSCE structure, and the general political situation in Azerbaijan.
Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Translates for the Office of Head of Mission official documents, incoming and outgoing correspondence, and printed materials, including interviews to Azerbaijani media;
2. Performs proof-reading of documents, evaluates and validates written translations produced by other translators and/or mission members;
3. Organizes for and co-ordinates language services provided to the mission by outside translators and interpreters, oversees the quality of services provided and advises on the choice of suppliers;
4. Prepares letters and other correspondence, as required;
5. Provides consecutive interpretation during official and informal meetings of the Head of Mission and, if so assigned, other mission members and visitors, including meetings with high-ranking officials;
6. Accompanies the Head of Mission during official travel within the country; accompanies high-ranking delegations, as required;
7. Together with the Administrative Assistant, manages the front desk dealing with visitors, switchboard and mail; ensures that all outgoing mail is duly dispatched and that all incoming mail is registered and distributed in a timely manner;
8. Supports the National Press and Public Information Officer in public outreach and website administration and in projects with the media;
9. Backstops for the Senior Executive Assistant during his/her absence;
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Completed secondary education supplemented by certified courses in languages and translation/interpretation;
• Minimum of four years of directly related experience in translating/ interpreting (preferably senior positions held);
• Thorough knowledge of regular office procedures;
• Experience in posts requiring excellent communication skills, professional attitude and good manners as these are essential to deal with high ranking officials, representatives of civil society and international agencies;
• Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in the local language. Knowledge of Russian and other OSCE languages is an asset;
• Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
• Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds.
Currently, the salary per month for G5, Step 1 is EUR 1,255.58. Appointments are made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. Social benefits will include possibility of participation in the CIGNA medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
How To Apply
This vacancy is open for competition only amongst nationals and/or permanent residents of Azerbaijan Republic.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment.
Please note that CVs and other applications submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form will not be reviewed.
Please also note that applications received after the deadline, submitted without reference to the vacancy number or in other languages than the English language would not be considered.
In case of technical difficulties with online application only, please contact the OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Baku informing us about the nature of such difficulties by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the vacancy number quoted in the title. We will try to help you to submit your online application.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
Baxılma sayı (1072)