Deadline: 1 February 2015
Open to: holders of a law degree with interest in international human rights law
Award: full scholarship to the Program of Advanced Studies on Human Rights at American University Washington College of Law
The Human Rights Essay Award is an annual competition sponsored by the Academy on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law and seeks to stimulate the production of scholarly work in international human rights law. This year’s topic is “Transitional Justice, International Human Rights and Humanitarian Law” and participants have the flexibility to choose any subject related to the assigned topic. The essay has to be a legal article.
Candidates must hold a law degree and have demonstrated experience or interest in international human rights law.
The Academy will grant 2 Awards, one for the best article in English and one for the best article in Spanish. The Award in each case will consist of:
- A full scholarship to the Program of Advanced Studies on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law for either the Diploma or Certificate of Attendance options
- Travel expenses to and from Washington D.C.
- Housing at the university dorms
- Per diem for living expenses
The best articles may be published in the American University International Law Review.
In order to enter the competition essays must be submitted using the online submissions page. Each participant must also include a CV of no more than 3 pages in length explaining the experience or interest of the author in human rights issues.
- Articles must not exceed 35 pages in length, including footnotes;
- Essays must use Times New Roman font, 12-point double-spaced for the body of the essay and 10-point single-spaced for footnotes;
- All essays must be on letter size paper (8.5 x 11 inches/21.59 x 27.94 cm) with 1 inch (2.54 cm) margins all around;
- Character spacing must be set to normal;
- Authors should not put their name or any identifying information in their essays;
- Essays will only be accepted in Word format.
The deadline for submissions is 1 February 2015. Winners will be announced on April 1, 2015.
For any enquiries please contact: email@example.com
Baxılma sayı (1362)