Deadline: 2 March 2015
Open to: graduates in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications, Telematics or a related field
Scholarship: financial package of more than €150,000 over 5 years
IMDEA Networks Institute is a networking research institute whose multinational team is engaged in cutting-edge fundamental science. As a growing, English-speaking institute located in Madrid, Spain, IMDEA Networks offers a unique opportunity for pioneering scientists to develop their ideas.
IMDEA Networks Institute PhD Student positions offer young, aspiring researchers a salaried position in their research team. Candidates offered a position as IMDEA Networks PhD Students will have been pre-vetted and conditionally accepted for a place on the Ph.D. program at University Carlos III of Madrid (UC3M) or another top university in Madrid.
IMDEA Networks Institute offers PhD positions for specific topics or projects, as well as positions where the research topic is not pre-defined at the time of the call. The PhD student positions 2014-2015 are:
- PhD in IP Routing in Internet Service Providers networks;
- PhD in Wireless Networks at 60 GHz (mmwave);
- PhD in Context-aware D2D Communications for 5G Networks;
- PhD in Millimeter-wave Networking (Wireless Networks and Communications Group).
In order to be eligible for this position you should have the following attributes:
- Bachelor, Master or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications, Telematics or a related field;
- Excellent academic transcripts;
- Clearly defined Statement of Purpose for Ph.D. research thesis;
- Excellent level of spoken and written English;
- Highly motivated.
The program finances PhD studies for between 4 and 5 years: you will be funded for up to 5 years if you are admitted to the 1st year of UC3M Masters Program, and up to 4 years otherwise.(Other universities may apply different criteria).
The total combined value of financial package will be more than €150,000 over 5 years .
Interested candidates must fill in the online application form available HERE.
The deadline to apply is 2 March 2015.
For further information please visit the official website.
Baxılma sayı (1002)