Deadline: 31 December 2014
Open to: individuals over the age of 18
Award: this year edition of the awards will reward 400,000 US dollars - to be allocated differently among winners in variety of categories
H.H. Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum established the prestigious ‘Hamdan International Photography Award’ and appeals to all talented photographers across the globe, and also nurtures national talent, which will in turn attract international art and cultural attention. It’s your opportunity to explore the beauty of the world that surrounds you, to distil a story, to dive into a rich pool of colour and depict an emotive moment in time. This year’s theme ‘Life in Colour’ is a wonderfully open brief that allows your creative mind to explore an array of exciting avenues –where will this journey take you? For this year you can compete in four categories:
- Life in Colour- The beauty of life is its colour. Colour speaks of the people, places, animals, plants and consumables that play a starring role in our everyday lives. In this category you can be creative as much as you can and submit the photo that will express What does ‘Life in Colour’ means to you?
- General Category- It’s completely open, embraces all subject matters, removes boundaries and offers participants the chance to choose work that reflects their style as long as they adhere to the criteria and regulations of the Award;
- Faces (Black and White)- They invite you to explore emotions, capture someone’s compelling story, and evoke the attitude, personality and essence of people who have inspired you to pick up your camera and record ours great rich and varied lives. In this category they encourage you to maintain the authenticity of the beauty of life, and portray the finer details that make each one of us so special and unique. The use of black and white demands accomplished compositions and expert use of light: this is a true test of your ability;
- Night Photography- This category gives you the chance to play with your creativeness, reveal the beguiling charm of the night and offers you the perfect opportunity to shine.
There are no country restrictions to enter the competition. Competitors need to be over the age of 18.
This year edition of the ‘Hamdan International Photography Award’ will reward 400,000 US dollars, which is to be allocated differently among the winners. The prizes are:
- Grand prize – US $120,000;
- “Life in Color” Category – First place wins US $25,000;
- General Category – First place wins US $15,000;
- Faces (Black and White) – First place wins US $15,000;
- Night Photography – First place wins US $15,000
Also there are other “Special Awards” in this competition like:
- Photography Appercation Award (Personal, Group or Team Award)- US $20,000;
- Photographic Research/Report Award – US $25,000
The first places are not the only to receive a cash award. There are also prizes for second to fifth place which you can see them on this link.
You can submit your entry after you create an account here. Please note that it must be in JPEG form and no less than 2 MB in size. Also you can submit up to 4 photos ( 1 for each category).
Submissions will be accepted until 24:00 on 31st December 2014, UAE local time, (i.e. GMT +4).