Deadline: 28 November 2014
Open to: photographers aged 18 or older
Prize: US $ 2,500
Smithsonian.com’s 2014 Photo Contest is accepting applications from photographers who are aged 18 or more. Contestants can submit up to 15 photos to each of the following six categories:
- The Natural World: Animals, plants and landscapes; geological or climatological features; and scientific processes and endeavors;
- Travel: Locales, peoples or activities in the United States and abroad that convey a sense of place;
- People: Individuals from all walks of life;
- The American Experience: Events, objects or activities connecting the American people to their history or their cultural heritage; photographs that tell us what it means to be an American and provide a sense of what it is like to live in this country;
- Altered Images: Photographs manipulated for artistic purposes by applying digital and/or traditional special effects (i.e. colorizing, toning, collage, photo composites, HDR, etc.);
- Mobile Photos: Photographs taken with a phone or tablet.
This photo contest is open to international photographers aged 18 or more.
Smithsonian.com will award eight prizes, as follows:
- Grand Prize: US $2,500;
- Category Winners: The winners of each of the six categories will receive US $500;
- Reader’s Choice: The winner of the online Readers’ Choice award will receive US $500.
Submit your photographs and requested information on-line through the online application system.
Deadline for submission is 28 November , 2014, at 3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Baxılma sayı (1023)