Deadline: 13 November 2014
Open to: software developers or designers worldwide
Prizes: up to $15,000
As the global population becomes more interconnected, we must adapt and expand our approach to mobility. Through the Innovate Mobility Series, Ford is inviting software developers across the globe to help explore mobility issues facing communities around the world and unearth new solutions.
As part of its international ”Urban Commuter Challenge”, Ford invites software developers and designers from around the world to come to the aid of the urban commuter by submitting software that helps increase the quality of life now for urban and long-range commuters in cities like Shanghai. The design must include a piece of software—this could be anything from a text message delivery system, or a desktop app, to software running on hardware (like wearable technology). The judging criteria will focus on creativity, the execution of the idea and the potential to increase life quality for commuters.
The challenge is open to:
- individuals who are at least the age of majority where they reside as of the time of entry;
- teams of eligible individuals;
- organizations (including corporations, not-for-profit corporations and other nonprofit organizations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and other legal entities) that exist and have been organized or incorporated at the time of entry, and employ no more than 50 people;
- organizations that employ more than 50 people.
- Grand Prize: $15,000;
- Second Prize: $7,000;
- Third Prize: $3,000;
- OpenXC Integration Prize: $2,500;
- Popular Choice: $2,500;
- Large Organization Recognition Award: Non-cash, recognition only for Large Organizations.
In order to enter the competition you must follow the next steps:
- Read carefully the official rules;
- Register HERE to access the submission form and start your draft;
- Create a working solution, a demonstration video, and some images to represent your solution.
All Submission materials must be in English or, if not in English, the Maker must provide an English translation of the demonstration video, text description, and testing instructions as well as all other materials submitted.
The deadline to enter the competition is 13 November 2014. The winners will be announced by December 16th.
For further information please visit the official call.
Baxılma sayı (820)