Deadline: 31 October 2014/ 31 January 2015/7 April 2015
Open to: UK and international students
Scholarship: £20,400 per annum
The Imperial College PhD Scholarship Scheme offers an outstanding opportunity for potential PhD students to obtain a PhD degree at the Imperial College in London, United Kingdom. The Scheme aims to provide up to 50 research students with great potential the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an excellent supervisor.
In order to be eligible for the PhD scholarship you need to meet the following requirements:
- Applications are accepted from talented candidates from Imperial College London, the UK and worldwide. There are no restrictions on nationality;
- Candidates must be among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort, and in receipt of, or due to receive a first class UK degree or equivalent;
- Candidates with Master’s qualifications should have achieved a distinction or, where this has yet to have been achieved, be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction. They should also hold a first class UK undergraduate degree or equivalent;
- Candidates with degrees from overseas institutions are strongly urged to determine if their scores/grades are equivalent to the relevant eligibility criteria
- Prior to applying candidates must have made contact with a supervisor in an academic department at Imperial College London who has agreed to supervise their research project.
Successful candidates will receive the following financial support for up to three and half years:
- Full funding for tuition fees;
- A stipend of £20,400 per annum to assist with living costs;
- A consumables fund of £2,000 per annum for the first 3 years of study.
Please note that there are three application deadlines for submitting your applications for the academic year 2015/16:
- First application deadline: 31 October 2014; the applicants who are awarded with a scholarship will be notified by 30 January 2015;
- Second application deadline: 31 January 2015; the applicants who are awarded with a scholarship will be notified by 1 April 2015;
- Third application deadline: 7 April 2015; the applicants who are awarded with a scholarship will be notified by 5 June 2015.
You can submit your application for admission to study at Imperial via their online admissions system where you need to provide the required information and documents. For easier application please download the Guidelines for Applicants.
You can find more information about the scholarship here.
Baxılma sayı (807)