Taking initiative. Solving challenges. Delivering excellence. Making a difference.
Does that sound like a great career? We think so too. With hundreds of locations in more than 60 countries, NOV is seeking talented team members who are passionate about changing the world, one solution at a time. Apply for your new career at NOV Baku and become part of something special as we help shape the future of the oil and gas industry.
POSITION: Trainee Repair Techncian
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1704259
LOCATION: Baku – Azerbaijan
START DATE: ASAP
WORKING SCHEDULE: 5 days/week
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Permanent
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE: Oil & Gas
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your CV to AZcareers@nov.com
Stating the requisition number and job title on the header
As a Trainee Repair Technician you will be responsible for reading and interpreting drawings, positioning parts for assembly as well as performing repairs, reporting quality issues of the day-to-day assembly and fitting of the full range of NOV Rig’s product line. You will support, improve and lead on-time assembly of products through specific techniques as well as innovative idea generation and creative, efficient problem solving.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products
• Carry out work instructions as given by Supervisor, e.g. work specifications, equipment operation.
• Monitor and control materials, products or equipment to detect defects or faults.
• Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified
• Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes
• Maintain quality and quantity of production.
• Check work via use of gauges, visuals and measuring tools
• Maintain an organised / visual workspace including inventory (5S understanding)
• Support key initiatives such as on time delivery, schedule attainment, cost of quality
• Generate and implement improvement ideas and encourage idea generation among team members and stop work for safety, stop production for quality, and escalate concerns
• Be familiar with and use of proactive root cause problem solving (Fishbone etc.)
• Evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
• Support all NCR reporting.
• Support initiatives such as new techniques and products, purchases of new machinery.
• Attend daily team brief meetings, actively engaging in positive discussions regarding potential problematic areas.
• Accurately describe events during quality related investigations, aiding the Supervisor to understand the root cause where required.
• Willingly assist Supervisor to eradicate identified potential areas of non-conformance.
• Respond to identified process improvements and implement them willingly.
• Report discrepancies in job route times as soon as they are identified. Communicate them to the Supervisor and implement changes when requested.
• Strive to assist with maintaining all relevant KPIs in Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Engagement whilst identifying areas for improvement.
• Action all tasks assigned to maintain high levels of target achievement as designated by Supervisor.
• Take part and contribute in toolbox talks.
• Demonstrate awareness of and promote company objectives, policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all procedures/paperwork is completed, kept up to date and signed off by the relevant person.
• Ensure all company policies surrounding, health & safety, quality requirements and housekeeping are met.
• Adheres to inspection criteria, policies and procedures without exception.
• Travel as and when required.
• Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Able to understand, evaluate and apply technical information
• Able to adeptly learn the context of a challenge and quickly integrate new skills
• Has solutions and suggestions that are effective in addressing the problem at hand
• Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks
• Be quick to identify critical information and respond appropriately
• Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks
• Able to define, work within and improve business processes based on immediate and future business needs
• Will be energised by challenges and drawn towards opportunities
• Confident and professional when representing the company in person and in writing
• Aspiring and keen to advance within the organisation
Personal and Interpersonal
• A strong sense of customer focus (internal/external)
• A candid team player who collaborates with peers to solve problems
• Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals
• Is known to consistently adhere to ethical principles and expects others to follow suit
• Firm and diplomatic when negotiating
Quality Essential Desirable
• Time served apprenticeship or HNC in a relevant subject • Higher education in a relevant subject.
• Working knowledge within an assembly & manufacturing environment including the preparation of components
Skills, training or special knowledge
• Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook).
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
• Proficient in both written and spoken English
Baxılma sayı (50)