Taking initiative. Solving challenges. Delivering excellence. Making a difference.
Does that sound like a great career? We think so too. With hundreds of locations in more than 60 countries, NOV is seeking talented team members who are passionate about changing the world, one solution at a time. Apply for your new career at NOV Baku and become part of something special as we help shape the future of the oil and gas industry.
POSITION: Mechanical Technician
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1704399
LOCATION: Baku – Azerbaijan
START DATE: ASAP
WORKING SCHEDULE: 5 days/week
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Permanent
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE: Oil & Gas
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your CV to AZcareers@nov.com
Stating the requisition number and job title on the header
As Maintenance Technician within our Process & Flow Technologies plant / fluid control treating iron / API gate & hydraulic valves you will be responsible for ensuring the safe operation of all equipment more so customer equipment for services and efficient scheduling of repairs of plant and machinery and other general maintenance to ensure optimum efficiency for the business. You will work in collaboration with key functions of the business in order to improve production facilities, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of plant, personnel and production processes. As Maintenance Technician, you also will be responsible for the continuous running of buildings plant, equipment and machinery, utilizing the AIMS Maintenance database system to oversee routine maintenance and organise repairs. As Maintenance Technician you will carry out core activities including: conducting periodic preventive maintenance checks (TPM and OEE), planning equipment upgrades and machinery modifications, identifying faults, investigating equipment breakdowns and monitoring the performance of equipment after repairs have been carried out.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure all company policies surrounding stock, health & safety, quality requirements and housekeeping are met and improved upon as identified.
• Fully accountable for achieving all relevant KPIs
• Participate and comply with maintenance strategies, procedures and methods.
• Carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work (TPM) and respond to equipment faults / Breakdowns.
• Diagnose breakdown problems.
• Fit new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly.
• Liaise with departments and other engineering and production colleagues.
• Participate with supervision for specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components.
• Control maintenance tools, stores and equipment.
• Undertake the maintenance role in a manner to support the control of maintenance costs.
• Deal with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs.
• Comply with maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning of new plant and equipment.
• Ensuring there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns.
• Travel as and when required
• Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• An exceptional ability to understand, evaluate and apply technical information
• Delivers solutions and decisions that are effective and constructively impact both NOV and our customer’s organisation
• Able to adeptly learn the context of a challenge and quickly integrate new skills
• Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks
• Able to define, work within and improve business processes based on immediate and future business needs
• Will be energised by challenges and drawn towards opportunities
• Confident and professional when representing the company in person and in writing
Personal and Interpersonal
• Imbued with a strong sense of customer focus (internal/external)
• Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals
• A candid team player who collaborates with peers to solve problems
• Firm and diplomatic when negotiating
• Is known to consistently adhere to ethical principles and expects others to follow suit
Quality Essential Desirable
• Time served apprenticeship or HNC in a relevant subject
• Higher education in a relevant subject.
• Working knowledge within an assembly & manufacturing environment including the preparation of components
Skills, training or special knowledge
• Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook).
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
Baxılma sayı (87)