Taking initiative. Solving challenges. Delivering excellence. Making a difference.
Does that sound like a great career? We think so too. With hundreds of locations in more than 60 countries, NOV is seeking talented team members who are passionate about changing the world, one solution at a time. Apply for your new career at NOV Baku and become part of something special as we help shape the future of the oil and gas industry.
POSITION: NDT/MPI Level 3 Inspector
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1704260
LOCATION: Baku – Azerbaijan
START DATE: ASAP
WORKING SCHEDULE: 5 days/week
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Permanent
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE: Oil & Gas
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your CV to AZcareers@nov.com
Stating the requisition job title on the header
As MPI Inspector you will play key role in ensuring systems and structural components perform their function effectively whilst providing a balance between cost-effectiveness and quality control. You will ensure correct implementation of project quality plan within our manufacturing plant, monitoring the pipeline of MPI activities for all testing on a daily basis. As MPI Inspector you will ensure that project specifications are accomplished in a timely and an accurate manner providing accurate and timely reports according to the project specifications. You will work in collaboration with the Quality manager encouraging positive open discussions on MPI deficiencies, safety and quality specifications making recommendations to improve processes, testing and safety. The MPI inspector also works in maintaining MPI inspection documents and related quality documents according to the project quality plan.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Interpret or evaluate test results in accordance with applicable codes, standards, specifications, or procedures.
• Interpret the results of all methods of non-destructive testing (NDT) such as liquid penetrant, magnetic particle and visual inspection / testing.
• Make recommendations for corrective actions, continually identifying areas of improvement
• Select, calibrate, or operate equipment used in the non-destructive testing (NDT) of products or materials.
• Examine welds, forgings (and other wrought materials) and castings using non-destructive testing (NDT) techniques.
• Prepare reports on non-destructive testing (NDT) results.
• Conduct liquid penetrant tests to locate surface cracks by coating objects with fluorescent dyes, cleaning excess penetrant, and applying developer.
• Document non-destructive testing (NDT) methods, processes, or results.
• Visually examine materials, structures, or components using for signs of corrosion, metal fatigue, cracks, or other flaws.
• Supervise or direct the work of non-destructive testing (NDT) trainees or staff.
• Evaluate material properties using specified techniques
• Support other departments and carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager
• Travel when required as dictated by business need
Quality Essential Desirable
• Relevant engineering qualification or equivalent
• ASNT TC 1A level II (or recognised equivalent which complies with EN473) in magnetic particle examination and dye penetrant examination.
• Degree in a relevant subject –Engineering
• Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience
• Experience with implementation of corrective action programs
• Working knowledge within an engineering manufacturing environment
Skills, training or special knowledge
• Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Office – Excel, Word and Outlook)
• Quality Management System
• Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA
• Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements
• Examination of welds, forgings (and other wrought materials) and castings
Baxılma sayı (127)