- “Young Business Factory” – “Professional IELTS”
- “Young Business Factory” – “Professional English Course”
Deadline: 01 September 2017
Open to: producers from all over the world
Venues: Luxemburg, Norway, Spain, in 2018
Train, develop, network. A year long program focused on three intensive weeks featuring professional development through working on the development of fiction and documentary projects.
EAVE, European Audiovisual Entrepreneurs, is one of the leading training and development providers for producers in Europe, renowned for its EAVE Producers Workshop.
Half the participants attend the course with projects and it is an excellent means of development through an intense focus on the project with colleagues and experts throughout the year. Most participants attending with a project also bring their writer for the first two weeks which enables producer and writer to benefit together from one-to-one sessions with script experts.
During the first two workshops, participants work within groups led by experienced producers and with several experts on script analysis, development and production financing, legal aspects of co-production, marketing, pitching, packaging and more. In the third workshop, 50-60 Decision Makers (commissioning editors, national and regional media funds, sales agents, etc.) join the participants to discuss the projects, companies, and careers of the participants, a process which offers unusual access to Europe’s Decision Makers.
EAVE graduates join a unique network of active European producers which forms one of the backbones of the industry. Furthermore, EAVE participants and members benefit from our partnerships with the leading European film festivals and markets where EAVE facilitates graduate participation.
EAVE is aimed at producers working in fiction and documentary who have established themselves in their own country and now wish to work in the wider European industry.
Applications from other industry professionals are welcomed (e.g. in the areas of legal affairs, finance, sales and distribution, national and regional funds). The workshop enables all participants to take a full part in all the activities and offers industry professionals an insight into the European independent production sector as well as widening their own network.
Half of the fifty participants attend with a project, half without. Participants without projects take a full and active role in the whole workshop.
Participants with a project are invited to attend with their writer in the first two weeks. This enables the producer/writer team to gain the maximum benefit from individual and group discussion of the project.
EAVE Scholarships are available. EAVE allocates scholarships that cover either the participation fee and/or the conference fee. These scholarships will be allocated to approximately 8 participants. Priority is given to participants from countries with no support mechanisms. We encourage participants to apply for financial support with their national/regional funding bodies first.
View the available scholarships here.
The Workshop will enable you to:
- Take your knowledge and skills to a high professional level;
- Join a dynamic European network;
- Co-finance and co-produce in Europe;
- Widen your knowledge of European film and television financing;
- Develop a project in a comprehensive way working with leading European professionals.
There will be three workshops in 2018:
- Workshop 1 in Luxembourg (LU), March 8–15, 2018;
- Workshop 2 in Stavanger (NO), June (TBC), 2018;
- Workshop 3 in Santiago De Compostela (ES), October (TBC), 2018.
The costs of the program are as follows:
- Registration fee: 150 EUR;
- Participation fee with a project: 3,000 EUR;
- Participation fee without a project: 2,000 EUR;
- Conference fee per workshop (incl. accommodation and full board, excluding travel): 1,600 EUR;
- Project writers in Workshops 1 & 2: 600 EUR per workshop (plus the conference fee per workshop, see above).
How to apply?
The interviews with a pre-selection of candidates will take place in autumn 2017 and the selection will be announced in December 2017. To validate your application, you are requested to send the following by September 1st, 2017:
- one PDF document, including this application form as the cover sheet, as well as all the other required documents, as described in the application form below;
- 1 photograph/portrait (.jpg or .pdf);
- Payment confirmation for the registration fee by international bank transfer (EUR 150,-) or by PayPal (EUR 156,-) – details in the application form below. Thank you for taking over the bank transfer charges.
For more information please visit the official website.
Baxılma sayı (141)