The University of Reading is delighted to offer BSc Architecture Scholarship only to those who enrol directly onto Year 1 of the Architecture course in 2017. International students can apply for the scholarship.
Course Level: The Scholarship is available to pursue Undergraduate Programme.
Study Subject: The Scholarship will be awarded in the field of Architecture.
Scholarship Award: The Scholarship will be awarded £1,000.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- An academic achievement of grades AAB at A Level (or equivalent*);
- An impressive performance at interview, which demonstrates excellent design and representation skills and a clear commitment to study architecture at the University of Reading;
- Place the University of Reading as Firm choice with UCAS by 4 May 2017.
Nationality: International students can apply for the Scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have an academic achievement of grades AAB at A Level (or equivalent).
English language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English the candidate should have a very good command over English language.
How to Apply: Procedure to apply given below:
We will not normally determine your application until we have assessed both your UCAS application and your portfolio. Where a portfolio is of exceptionally high quality, this may have a significant impact on the likelihood of acceptance onto the programme.
The portfolio should demonstrate creative thinking as well as technical ability. There is no expectation of any prior digital drawing skills. However, if you have drawings or other graphic representations which have been developed using any type of software, these should be included. Freehand skills are particularly valued in architecture, therefore sketchbooks showing creative thinking and ideas are particularly viable.
The portfolio may be made up of outputs from an Art or Design-related A level, or other relevant work. Please include photographs of any large-scale work which cannot otherwise be readily included in the portfolio.
The portfolio should contain a mixture of 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional pieces. This may include any of the following:
- Hand-drawn sketches
- of places, spaces or buildings
- Photographic studies
- Collage, mixed media
- Analytical drawings
- Computer aided drawings (CAD)
- Images made using Photoshop or other software
- Graphic design, website design
- Photographs of 3-D work, such as: sculpture, art installation, scale models
- Photographs of work in progress forming part of Art/Design studies.
Application Deadline: The Application Deadline is August 31, 2017.
Baxılma sayı (92)