3 aylıq tam praktiki və zəmanətli dil proqramları:
Deadline: 15 August 2017
Open to: candidates who work in the field of mathematical philosophy with a focus on philosophical logic
Benefits: EUR 1.468 month
The Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy (MCMP) seeks applications for three 3-year Doctoral Fellowships at LMU Munich, starting on October 1, 2017. (A later starting date is possible.)
The MCMP hosts a vibrant research community of faculty, postdoctoral fellows, doctoral fellows, master students, and visiting fellows. It organizes at least two weekly colloquia and a weekly internal work-in-progress seminar, as well as various other activities such as workshops, conferences, summer schools, and reading groups. The successful candidates will partake in the MCMP’s academic activities and enjoy its administrative facilities and support. The official language at the MCMP is English and fluency in German is not mandatory.
We are especially interested in candidates who work in the field of mathematical philosophy with a focus on philosophical logic, broadly construed, including:
- philosophy and foundations of mathematics;
- formal philosophy of language;
- inductive logic;
- foundations of probability, and more.
Candidates who have not finished their MA at the time of the application deadline have to provide evidence that they will have their MA in hand at the time the fellowship starts.
We especially encourage female scholars to apply. The LMU in general, and the MCMP in particular, endeavor to raise the percentage of women among its academic personnel. Furthermore, given equal qualification, preference will be given to candidates with disabilities.
- The fellowships are remunerated with EUR 1.468 per month (paid out without deductions for tax and social security);
- The MCMP is able to support fellows concerning expenses for professional traveling.
How to apply?
Applications need to include:
- A cover letter that addresses, amongst others, one’s academic background, research interests and the proposed starting date;
- A CV and list of publications (if applicable);
- A sample of written work of no more than 3000 words,
- A description of the planned PhD-project of about 2000 words.
The applications should be sent by email (in one PDF document) to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15, 2017. Hard copy applications are not accepted. Additionally, one confidential letter of reference addressing the applicant’s qualifications for academic research should be sent to the same email address from the referees directly.
Baxılma sayı (123)