Third Cycle ( 2016 – 2017 )
In light of the UAE VISION 2021 launched by H.H. Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates, the Emirates Appreciation Award for the Environment (EAAE) was founded by H.H. Sheikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai – Patron of the Zayed International Foundation for the Environment, to recognize and honor individual, institutional and corporate initiatives and practices that promote the values of sustainable living in the UAE and contribute to the implementation of the UAE Green Development Strategy.
- To recognize and promote pioneering contributions in the field of the environment and sustainable development across all sectors of United Arab Emirates society.
- To support and encourage individual and collective national environmental initiatives that will contribute to the sustainability of activities, research and innovation.
- To highlight the initiatives and achievements of industrial and services enterprises which are committed to environmental standards and contribute to the promotion of a culture of “sustainable living”.
- To raise environmental awareness across all sectors of UAE society.
The Award is worth one Million dirhams divided into 5 categories and 8 subcategories as follows:
|Small & Medium Industries||100,000|
|Universities & Institutes||100,000|
|IV||Innovation/Invention and Environmental Research|
|Innovation / Invention||100,000|
|V||Media and Environmental Awareness|
|In Mass Media||100,000|
General requirements for nomination
1. The Award is open for individuals, Government Institutions, Private Enterprise, and Civil Society Organizations that have substantial achievements in the field of environment
2. Nomination documents should clearly highlight the excellence of achievements and demonstrate the direct involvement of the nominee.
3. The Nomination Form must be used and accompanied by all the documents supporting the nomination.
4. Candidates shall provide the Technical Committee with any additional documents requested in the time frame specified and allow them to conduct field visits for validation of data and information mentioned in the nomination.
5. Any material submitted for nomination is not returnable.
Terms and requirements of Environmental Personality Award
1. The candidate must be a citizen of the United Arab Emirates who has been working in the environmental field for not less than ten years.
2. The candidate must have outstanding contributions at the local, regional or international levels related to the environment.
3. The nomination shall be supported by a summary of the biography illustrating the achievements and outstanding contributions in the field of environment.
Terms and requirements of the Industrial Enterprise Award
1. The candidate enterprise shall have achievements of environmental excellence in the United Arab Emirates.
2. The enterprise must be complying with the environmental standards & regulations set forth by the Ministry of Climate Change & Environment and competent authorities.
3. The enterprise must be active within the United Arab Emirates for at least five consecutive years.
Terms and requirements of the Educational Institution Award
1. The Educational Institution shall have a compliance policy to observe environmental criteria and sustainable development applications.
2. The candidate institution shall have programs or activities that reinforce the concept of environmental sustainability.
3. The institution shall have been active within the United Arab Emirates for at least five consecutive years.
Terms and requirements of the Innovation, Invention and Environmental Research Award
1. The nominated work or achievement shall be applied, applicable or has clear environmental benefits.
2. The invention, innovation or research shall have contributed to solving an environmental problem or conservation of natural resources and energy.
Terms and requirements of the Media and Environmental Awareness Award
1. The work may include media and field programs.
2. The work should be innovative, taking into account intellectual property rights.
3. The nominee shall give approval to publish the submitted work on the website of the Foundation.
The Zayed International Foundation for the Environment will accept nominations & applications for the 3rd Cycle of the Emirates Appreciation Award for the Environment until the end of August 2017.
1. All documents should be e-mailed or posted to the following address:
Suite # 504 API Tower, Sheikh ZayedRoad, Dubai
Tel : + 971 4 3326666
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Baxılma sayı (172)