3 aylıq tam praktiki və zəmanətli dil proqramları:
Offers are currently available at The Griffith Centre for Coastal Management for full funded PhD scholarship to study in Australia. This scholarship available to domestic and international applicants.
Griffith University is a public research university in South East Queensland on the east coast of Australia. Formally founded in 1971, Griffith opened its doors in 1975, introducing Australia’s first degrees in environmental science and Asian studies.
The University is named after Sir Samuel Walker Griffith, who was twice Premier of Queensland and the first Chief Justice of the High Court of Australia.
Study Subject: The research topic will relate to one or more of the following –
- Gully erosion dynamics and erodible soil/sediments material characterization Explaining the diversity of fully forms, rates and process dominance (head-scarp retreat, tunnelling, side wall processes, secondary incision etc.) controls on this diversity and how this will influence tailed rehabilitation strategies
- Understanding sediment and nutrient fluxes within and from alluvial gully complexes, and their downstream impacts
- Quantifying the effectiveness of large-scale gully rehabilitation strategies in a range of different landscape settings.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship provides a living allowance of AUD$26,682 per annum (2017 rate) which is indexed annually and paid as a fortnightly stipend. The scholarship is available for a three year period of study. A six-month extension may be granted to doctoral candidates in certain circumstances. A relocation allowance will apply in line with the Conditions of Award. International applicants will be considered for a Griffith University International Postgraduate Research Scholarship to cover tuition fees. The conditions of this award include the cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover policy which covers the candidate and dependents (if any) for up to 42 months. An additional AUD$10,000 top-up scholarship and AUD$10,000 operating funds per annum are also available for 3 years.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- This scholarship is open to domestic and international applicants
- Applicants must have completed, or expect to complete, a bachelor’s degree with honours equivalent to first class or second class (11A honours) or equivalent in geomorphology, soils, environmental sciences, natural resource management or relevant field, and be available to commence immediately an offer is made
- The scholarship is open to new applicants only
- Will be enrolled through the Griffith School of Engineering.
Nationality: This scholarship is open to domestic and international applicants.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have completed, or expect to complete, a bachelor’s degree with honors equivalent to first class or second class (11A honours) or equivalent in geomorphology, soils, environmental sciences, natural resource management or relevant field, and be available to commence immediately an offer is made.
English language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English the candidate should have a very good command over the English language
How to Apply: Interested applicants should first contact Associate Professor Andrew Brooks, Andrew.brooks-at-griffith.edu.au, or Dr Robin Thwaites, robin.thwaites-at-griffith.edu.au, to discuss their interest and to shape a research proposal that is relevant to the project. Applicants should then provide the following
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic record and current scholarship status
- Research proposal
- An outline of career interest
- Two academic referees with contact details
to Associate Professor Andrew Brooks, Andrew.brooks-at-griffith.edu.au.
Application Deadline: June 9, 2017.
Baxılma sayı (159)