The University of Maine is delighted to offer Center for Cyber Safety and Education Undergraduate Scholarships for the year 2017. Scholarships are open to high school seniors and undergraduate students who are pursuing a degree with a focus on cyber security or information assurance. Scholarship awards up to $5,000 per recipient.
The University of Maine is a public research university located in Orono, Maine, United States. The university was established in 1865 as a land grant college and is the flagship university of the University of Maine System.
All applicants are required to submit language proficiency: TOEFL: minimum score of 79 (iBT) or 550 (iTP), institution code 3916 and IELTS: minimum score of 6.5.
Applicants from non-English speaking countries must furnish proof of their proficiency in English. There are two major tests for this purpose, the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and tests from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Must be pursuing, or plan to pursue, a degree with a focus on cybersecurity or information assurance.
- You may be a senior in high school, an undergraduate student who is currently a junior, freshman or sophomore. If you are in your senior year, please apply for the (ISC)² Graduate Scholarship if appropriate. (add hyperlink to Graduate page)
- GPA must be at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or an analogous rank based on a comparable scale).
- You may be a citizen of any country (US citizenship not required)
- May be attending on campus or online.
- May be attending full time or part time
- May be attending in the US or Internationally
- You do not currently need to be enrolled; however no awards will be disbursed until the recipient is enrolled in a college or university.
- If awarded: the award will be sent to the school with instructions that it be applied to tuition, fees and books.
Nationality: Citizen of any country (US citizenship not required) is eligible to apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Students must be senior in High School through Junior in College.
English language Requirements: Applicants do not need to submit SAT and ACT scores to be considered for this award. All applicants are required to submit language proficiency:
- TOEFL: minimum score of 79 (iBT) or 550 (iTP), institution code 3916
- IELTS: minimum score of 6.5
- CEFR – Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: completed level C1.
- Waived language test if:
Native speaker of English (e.g., Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, U.K.)
SAT Verbal score is 550 or higher
ACT English score is 24 or higher
High school transcript clearly states that English is the language of instruction of all subjects
Student studying in the U.S. or Canada for two or more years and not in an ESL track
The student has successfully passed an English Composition course at a U.S. institution with a grade of C or higher, even if the student has not studied in the U.S. for two or more years.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
- Unofficial transcripts from your current (or most recent) educational institution. If awarded; no funds will be disbursed until official transcripts have been received.
- One Letter of Recommendation outlining the following:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- What skills or abilities does the applicant have that will support him/her in completing a degree?
- What other information about the applicant should be taken into consideration?
NOTE: Academic references are preferred; however, you may submit a professional letter of reference addressing the points above.
- Statement of Purpose outlining (no more than two pages and should be double spaced):
- Describe what makes you stand out from other applicants, and why you should be chosen to receive this Center for Cyber Safety and Education Scholarship.
- Describe why you need the scholarship.
- Describe your personal and education backgrounds.
- Describe why you chose your major and what makes you a candidate for success in information security.
- Describe your goals for your academic career and in your professional career.
- Describe hobbies or extracurricular activities and what they mean to you
Application Deadline: April 20, 2017.
3 aylıq tam praktiki və zəmanətli dil proqramları:
2. “Young Business Factory” – “Professional English Course”
Baxılma sayı (577)