Deadline: 20 March 2017
Open to: citizens of non-EU countries
Scholarship: includes tuition, accomodation and monthly stipend
Applications are invited for Romanian Government scholarships available for citizens of non-EU countries. Up to 85 scholarships are awarded for undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Romania. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is the institution of central public administration which implements the foreign policy of Romania, in accordance with the legislation in force and with the Government’s Program. In order to promote Romanian language and culture, the Ministry of National Education Scientific Research has decided that the beneficiaries of the scholarships should study only in the Romanian language.
Foreign citizens of Romanian origin and those belonging to the neighbouring historic Romanian communities benefit from other scholarship programs offered by the Romanian state. The candidate should not have a Romanian citizenship. The awards are granted for three levels of study:
- For the first cycle (Undergraduate): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of high schools or of equivalent pre-university studies, as well as to candidates who require the continuation of their education in Romania. The complete cycle of university studies lasts for 3 to 6 years, according to the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a final examination (Undergraduate);
- For the 2nd cycle (master): The scheme is dedicated to graduates of university/postgraduate studies; it lasts for 1,5 to 2 years and ends with a dissertation;
- For the 3rd cycle (doctorate): scheme is dedicated to the graduates of university/postgraduate studies (i.e. master); it lasts for 3-4 years, in keeping with the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a doctor’s thesis. An entrance examination conditions admission to a PhD course.
85 scholarships for under- and post-graduate studies in Romania, using the selection of application files, organised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Ministry of National Education and Scientific Research (hereafter, MNESR), in keeping with current Romanian legislation. The scholarship consists of the following:
- Free-of-charge tuition;
- Free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free-of-charge in students halls of residence, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within the limits of the sums available for this purpose);
- Financial support – a monthly amount representing;
- The equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for undergraduate students (1st cycle);
- The equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialisation);
- The equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for a postgraduate student (doctorate) 3rd cycle;
- These scholarships do not cover food, international and local transport. The candidates must be prepared to support any other additional expenses personally.
How to Apply?
Incomplete files or files that do not comply with the fields of study and methodology are disqualified and are not taken into consideration by the Commission of the MFA. Rejected application files evaluated by MFA and MNESR are not returned. Application files submitted directly to the MFA or the MNESR will not be taken into consideration. List of documents necessary for the application:
- A cover letter issued by the diplomatic mission of the country of origin accredited to Bucharest or of the Romanian Embassy in the respective country;
- A duly filled in MFA application form for a scholarship to study in Romania;
- MNESR application form for the issue of the Letter of Acceptance to study in Romania;
- Authorised copies of the study documents (baccalaureate and university diplomas if necessary,) and their authorised translation in Romanian, French or English if necessary;
- Authorised copies and authorised translation of the diploma supplement – academic transcript for the studies completed so far;
- Authorised copy and authorised translation of birth certificate;
- Copy of Passport (first three pages);
- Medical certificate attesting that the applicant is not affected by any transmissible disease or by other illnesses incompatible with future studies;
- The candidate’s CV;
- Two recent passport-type photos.
3 aylıq tam praktiki və zəmanətli dil proqramları:
2. “Young Business Factory” – “Professional English Course”
Baxılma sayı (541)