Deadline: 17 June 2017
Open to: journalist in any specialism
Scholarship: travel expenses (including air travel economy class) and a modest living allowance
The Reuters Institute is pleased to offer Google Digital News Journalist Fellowships to pursue a three, six or nine month’s research programme. The institute provides modern educational and research environments that will enable students and researchers to face current challenges and to focus on knowledge as a principle driving force for development.
The Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism marks the University of Oxford’s commitment to creating an international research centre in the comparative study of journalism. The Institute aims to serve as the leading forum for a productive engagement between scholars from a wide range of disciplines and the practitioners of journalism.
- Applicants must have a minimum of five years’ experience working as a journalist in any specialism. In rare cases, they will consider applicants if they have less than five years’ journalistic experience, but they must be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of expertise.
- They will be able to demonstrate a level of English that allows them to participate fully in the programme and write a research paper of publishable quality.
- They will be given priority if they are proposing a research project within one of the Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism’s areas of focus.
Awards may include travel expenses (including air travel economy class) and a modest living allowance.
Fellows at the RISJ on Fellowships from Thomson Reuters Foundation, Gerda-Henkel, Wincott, and Saïd – Asfari will receive a monthly stipend of GBP 1,500 from the RISJ for living costs during your stay in Oxford, as well as covering travel costs within reason.
How to apply?
The mode of application is online. Below is a list of the materials applicants will need to complete the application:
- A full curriculum vitae;
- A personal statement outlining;
- A statement of up to 1,000 words explaining your proposed research project;
- A reference from your employer, supporting your application and granting leave of absence;
- A second professional reference (e.g. former employer);
- A sample of your work.
For more information please visit the official web page.
Baxılma sayı (329)