Deadline: 20 January 2017
Open to: individuals who have a determination to succeed and to equip them to excel in their chosen field
Scholarship: the scholarship will cover 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs of at least £14,296
The scholarships for postgraduates will be known as the Oxford-Qatar-Thatcher Graduate Scholarship and the Oxford-Thatcher Graduate Scholarships. The Oxford-Qatar-Thatcher Graduate Scholarship has been created as a result of a £3 million donation by the Qatar Development Fund, which supports international education, health and economic development causes. This will create at least four scholarships at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, the first of which is expected to be awarded in 2017/18 to a postgraduate student.
In the early years as we build up the number of Thatcher Scholars, Somerville will operate a rota of departments/faculties for the awards. In 2017/18, three scholarships will be available for students starting postgraduate study, one in the Faculty of English Language and Literature, the Department of Engineering Science and the Faculty of Law.
This scholarship is part of the Oxford Graduate Scholarships, which were established through a ground-breaking new matched funding initiative to enable the creation of fully-funded scholarships for graduate students of the highest calibre from across the world. The University contributes 40% of the funds for these scholarships, together with 60% from generous donations provided by supporters of Somerville College.
- You must be applying to start a new full- or part-time course in one of the following departments: Faculty of English Language and Literature, Department of Engineering Science, Faculty of Law;
- Available to all candidates, with a preference for students ordinarily resident in the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen;
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- Applicants who hold deferred offers to start in 2017-18 are not eligible to be considered for these scholarships.
The scholarship will cover 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs of at least £14,296. Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
How to apply?
In order to apply please fill the application, you must submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course – 6 January or 20 January 2017;
To be eligible for consideration for this scholarship, applicants must be successful in being offered a place on their course after consideration of applications received by the relevant January deadline for the course. Course applications which are held over after the January deadline to be re-evaluated against applications received by the March deadline or course applications which have been put on a waiting list are not eligible for scholarship consideration.
For more information please visit the official web page.
3 aylıq tam praktiki və zəmanətli dil proqramları:
4. “Young Business Factory – “Professional Alman dili”
Baxılma sayı (567)