Deadline: 6 June 2016
Open to: journalists from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine and the Russian Federation.
Fellowship: a monthly stipend, housing, insurance and travel costs
Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is now accepting applications for the 2016-2017 Vaclav Havel Journalism Fellowship. The Fellowship is a joint initiative of RFE/RL and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic, and is generously supported by the Prague Freedom Foundation and the Dagmar and Václav Havel Foundation VIZE97.
The purpose of the Fellowship is to support aspiring journalists from countries lacking media freedom and independence to pursue their profession in support of pluralism. It is inspired by former Czech President Vaclav Havel’s belief in the transformational role of journalism in challenging tyranny.
Selected Fellows are placed with a language service at RFE/RL’s headquarters in Prague, where they receive on-the-job training and mentoring while working alongside RFE/RL’s seasoned professionals. The program will help position the selected Fellows as standard-bearers of their profession and leaders in their communities, on-line, on air, and in the world.
The Vaclav Havel Journalism Fellowship is made up of five main components:
- Professional development alongside RFE/RL’s seasoned professionals;
- On-the-job training, to include daily multi-media programming and reporting;
- New skills development;
- Participation in the daily editorial debates and discussions that inform a professional and independent press;
- Public outreach.
The term of the Fellowship is 1 November 2016 to 30 June 2017.
The Fellowship accepts applications from journalists in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine and the Russian Federation. English language proficiency is required.
- A monthly stipend, housing, insurance and travel arrangements to and from Prague are provided;
- Fellowships are for a term of eight months, including one month spent at the beginning and end of the program at a local RFE/RL bureau.
How to apply?
Applicants should submit together with the the following documents:
- Personal data;
- Personal statement;
- Work samples;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- “Letter to Vaclav Havel”;
- Copy of an English language certificate (optional).
Completed applications must be submitted in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit the official webpage.
3 aylıq tam praktiki və zəmanətli dil proqramları:
Baxılma sayı (422)