Course starts: February 2016
Open to: Anyone who is interested in learning more about the petroleum industry is welcome to join this introductory course, but more specific groups include: high school students who plan career in the field, graduates with Engineering degree, employees in companies in the relevant field
Costs: audit track for free / certificate track – EUR 49
About the course
In this course, you will learn such concepts as oil and gas production, reservoir energy and forces, petroleum deposit drainage, development systems, well operation techniques and much more. Each participant in the course will develop an understanding of field life cycle and interdisciplinary approach to petroleum field development and operation.
Throughout the course, the following topic areas will be addressed:
- History of oil and gas application, international petroleum reserves
- Fundamentals of Petroleum Geology: rock cycle; oil, gas and water deposits; oil and gas composition; oil generation; prospecting for oil and gas fields
- Major exploration techniques, seismic methods, well testing; basics of reservoir engineering and modelling
- Basics of well drilling and production
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Analyse and apply theoretical knowledge in the area of petroleum geology, reservoir engineering and production technology;
- Describe major exploration and production techniques and processes;
- Distinguish between major enhanced oil and gas recovery techniques;
- Understand application areas of petrochemical products;
- Analyse global situation in the petroleum industry and its influence of people’s daily lives.
Who should participate in this course?
Anyone who is interested in learning more about the petroleum industry is welcome to join this introductory course. More specific groups include:
- High school students planning a career, and their parents
- Graduates holding BSc or Engineering degrees looking for further training options
- Petroleum company employees with a non-petroleum educational background who are not involved directly in field exploration and development (finance, marketing, management, HR, etc.) but require general understanding of petroleum industry.
What do you need to know?
No prior knowledge or specific skills are necessary for joining this course. Just bring your curiosity, attention and will. From our side, we tried our best to make the course as interesting and visually compelling as possible, and put together many exciting activities for you.
How to Enter the course?
You can enroll for free at the online course at the iversity platform HERE. The course will be in the duration of 7 weeks (will require 3 to 4 hours per week).
3 aylıq tam praktiki və zəmanətli dil proqramları:
Baxılma sayı (476)