Deadline: 1 February 2016
Open to: applicant may be a citizen of any country
Grant: up to USD 2,500
Each year, the Wilson Ornithological Society offers four categories of research grants. The focus of each differs somewhat, as does the amount of the awards.
- Louis Agassiz Fuertes Grant. The Wilson Ornithological Society’s most prestigious award is available to all ornithologists, although graduate students and young professionals are given preference;
- George A. Hall / Harold F. Mayfield Grant. This grant, formerly known as the Margaret Morse Nice Award, is limited to independent researchers without access to funds and facilities available at colleges, universities, or governmental agencies; it is restricted to non-professionals, including high school students;
- Wilson Ornithological Society Research Grant. Two of these will be limited to research by Masters students;
- Paul A. Stewart Grant. These grants are available to all avian researchers and will be awarded with preference given to proposals for studies of bird movements based on banding, radio or satellite telemetry (or similar methods), or with an emphasis on economic ornithology.
- An applicant may be a citizen of any country;
- Membership in the Wilson Ornithological Society is strongly encouraged, but not required. Click here for more information about membership;
- Applicants may be of any age;
- Generally, any avian research is eligible (see Stewart and Hall Award restrictions above), conducted anywhere in the world;
- Award monies are expected to be used for equipment, supplies, travel, and living expenses. Salaries for applicant and field assistants should not be included; however, stipends that cover only basic living expenses are allowed;
- Individuals are limited to one grant per degree program or project;
- Applicants may apply for more than one grant.
- Louis Agassiz Fuertes Grant– Up to two grants of USD 2,500 are awarded given annually;
- George A. Hall / Harold F. Mayfield Grant- One USD 1,000 award may be given each year;
- Wilson Ornithological Society Research Grant- Up to four grants of USD 1,500 are given annually;
- Paul A. Stewart Grant- Up to eight grants of USD 1,000 are given annually.
How to apply?
For more information please visit the official website.
3 aylıq tam praktiki və zəmanətli dil proqramları:
Baxılma sayı (387)