Deadline: 31 December 2015
Open to: participants who have completed a BSc, MSc or equivalent degree or expect to do so prior to the admission date
Scholarship: an internationally competitive support package, health insurance, and subsidized on-campus housin
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST) Graduate University is now accepting applications for admission to the PhD program for the September 2016. They are looking across the globe for students who will flourish in an atmosphere of encouragement for discovery and innovation. With over half of OIST students and faculty coming from outside Japan, OIST offers the highest level of graduate education while embedded in a truly international environment.
About 50 cutting-edge laboratories conducting research in a range of fields form the hub of the OIST Graduate University. Based on a firm foundation in the basic sciences, we promote education that is highly interdisciplinary. The graduate program features interactive teaching with tutorial-style courses providing preparation for thesis research. Course design is customized to the unique needs of individual students. From the beginning, students work side by side with world-class faculty and researchers in well-equipped laboratories.
To be eligible for the OIST Graduate Program, you must have completed a BSc, MSc or equivalent degree or expect to do so prior to the admission date.
- All students receive an internationally competitive support package, health insurance, and subsidized on-campus housing;
- There is no application fee to apply for the OIST Graduate Program.
Prospective students are required to apply online including the following documents:
- Scanned copies of your current academic transcript and any completed diploma (BSc, MSc, etc.) in PDF format. An English explanation is required for transcripts that are not written in English;
- Applicant’s statement. This should be not more than 400 words and should address the following points:
- The applicant’s scientific interests and aspirations, and
- What the applicant hopes to gain from undertaking graduate studies at OIST.
- The application system requires applicants to submit a passport number and upload a scan of their passport photo page. It is essential that applicants from outside Japan have a valid passport for travel to Japan. You must supply your passport details in the application process;
- Each applicant is required to have at least 2 but no more than 5 letters of recommendation from appropriate academic referees. In the online application system, the applicant will enter the name and email of each recommender. The system will then contact the referee directly for their letter;
- An applicant who is seeking admission on the basis of a qualification from a university for which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English is required to provide a TOEFL or IELTS score obtained within the last 2 years.
- OIST Institutional Code for TOEFL: 8794;
- There is no minimum score required but the information is necessary in determining preparatory course requirements.
- Additional evidence of academic ability such as GRE general or specific test scores obtained within the last 2 years;
- OIST Institutional Code for GRE reports: 8794
- Additional material such as the title and abstract of publications and oral presentations, and other evidence of achievement.
If you have any questions, check the FAQ or write to email@example.com.
For more information please visit the official website.
3 aylıq tam praktiki və zəmanətli dil proqramları:
Baxılma sayı (547)