Deadline: October 10, 2015
Are you a teacher teaching children between 5-18 years of age? Do you employ innovative and effective instructional practices and inspire the teaching profession significantly? Are you preparing your students to be global citizens? Do you contribute on public debate to raise the bar of teaching profession? If Yes, you are the potential candidate for Global Teacher Prize 2015. You can apply by yourself or your current/former students, colleagues, school administrator, elected official or parent of a student will nominate you for the US$1 Million Prize by the Varkey GEMS Foundation.
The award — the equivalent of a ‘Nobel Prize’ — operates under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister, and Ruler of Dubai. The prize underlines the importance of the teaching profession and symbolises the fact that teachers throughout the world deserve to be recognised and celebrated. The winner will be chosen by the prominent Global Teacher Prize Academy made up of head-teachers, educational experts, commentators, journalists, public officials, tech entrepreneurs, company directors and scientists from around the world.
- The Prize is open to currently working teachers who teach children that are in compulsory schooling, or are between the ages of five and eighteen. Teachers who continue to teach, even on a part-time basis are also eligible, as are teachers of online courses. The Prize is open to teachers in every kind of school and, subject to local laws, in every country in the world.
- Recognition of a teacher’s achievements in the classroom and beyond from pupils, colleagues, head-teachers or members of the wider community.
- Encouraging others to join the teaching profession. Contributing to public debates on the teaching profession, whether through writing articles, blogs, media participation, social media campaigns, events or conferences.
- Employing innovative and effective instructional practices and achieving demonstrable student learning outcomes in the classroom.
- Achieving demonstrable student learning outcomes in the classroom.
- Achievements in the community beyond the classroom that provide unique and distinguished models of excellence for the teaching profession and others.
- Ensuring children receive a values-based education that prepares them to be global citizens in a world where they will encounter people from many different religions, cultures and nationalities.
- National and international recognition of their achievements – Special Commendations for Top 50 outstanding applicants
- Invitation to the Global Education and Skills Forum 2016 in Dubai for Top 10 Finalists
- Potential to win the Global Teacher Prize and receive a Prize of US$1 million.
Anyone can nominate a teacher who meets the criteria and is currently teaching children between the age of 5 and 18. Please tell the teacher you have nominated that they need to apply for this award. Fill out the nomination form to nominate your candidate.
To Apply Yourself:
Do you meet the above criteria? Then fill out the form yourself!
3 aylıq tam praktiki və zəmanətli dil proqramları:
Baxılma sayı (544)